Urban Studies Foundation: bolsa de Pós-Doutorado
A Fundação de Estudos Urbanos abre chamada para bolsa de Pós-Doutorado na área do Urbanismo. O candidato interessado deve estar vinculado a um programa de pesquisa relacionado à temática urbana de qualquer instituição elegível de ensino superior. A bolsa faz parte do Programa Fellowship International cujo objetivo é promover o intercâmbio entre pesquisadores localizados em países do Sul global com universidades dos países do hemisfério norte, possibilitando assim um período sabático para a produção de resultados em forma de artigos ou um livro. O prazo para inscrição termina em 14 de junho.
Urban Studies Foundation
Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
Applications are invited for an early career Postdoctoral Research Fellowship to undertake up to 3 years dedicated Urban Studies research, following a programme of research designed and executed by the Fellow at any eligible institution of higher education across the globe. This programme would be expected to involve original empirical inquiry, methodological rigour and conceptual innovation, set within a detailed knowledge of relevant existing research and scholarship. The expectation is that a Fellow will publish outputs from this research in the international Urban Studies (and cognate) literature, as well as seeking additional research grant funding, and taking seriously possibilities for achieving ‘impact’ beyond the academy.
Eligibility: Applicants must have obtained a PhD within the preceding 5 years; they must normally be prepared to move from their present place of academic employment/activity to another one elsewhere1; and they must be demonstrably involved in Urban Studies research, with a credible programme of future Urban Studies research and scholarship.
Requirements: Applicants must have developed their application in close association with a mentor from the potential ‘host’ institution, and the application form requires input from the applicant, the mentor and the host institution.
Terms: The Urban Studies Foundation will undertake to pay an annual award to the host institution of successful applicants, which should meet both the salary agreed between the applicant and the host institution and additional research expenses.
Submission: Completed applications must be submitted electronically to Ruth Harkin firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 14th June, 2013. The application must include:
• Completed application form: a WORD version of this application form will be available on the USF website, containing a number of fields to be completed by the applicant, by the mentor and by the proposed host institution.
• Outline of proposed programme of Urban Studies research to be undertaken by the Fellow: the last part of the application form is given over to up to 5 pages for the applicant to elaborate on their contribution/commitment to Urban Studies, and to provide details of their proposed research programme
• 3-page CV listing academic achievements and publications
• Copy of PhD award letter or some equivalent document that can confirm the veracity and date of the applicant’s PhD award
• Two academic references: it will be the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that their two referees (at least one of whom should have acted as their PhD supervisor) send their references directly to the above e-mail addresses by the specified deadline of 14th June, 2013.
Further particulars and the application form are available to download at the Urban Studies Foundation website at: www.urbanstudiesfoundation.org.